Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ICE Attorney in Cleveland OHio believes in Justice?

By Richard I Fleischer, an Immigration Attorney with over 30 years experience, practicing in Cincinati, Ohio and throught the entire United States


Yesterday I was in trial for an individual hearing in Immigration Court. Before trail, the government's trial attorney informed me that my client's fingerprints revealed that he had a criminal conviction which my had not told me about. It may well be fatal to his chance to remain in the US.
Because of this conviction we had to change our pleading and tactics.

Afterwards, the trail attorney called me on my mobile phone and suggested that I get a copy of my client's conviction to review if it was a misdemeanor or a felony. If it proves to be a felony, nothing changes. If it proves to be a misdemeanor then the government will not opposed a Motion to reopen the case to reinstate our previous relief.

We'll see what we find.

No comments:

Post a Comment