Saturday, February 12, 2011

Changes to work card and travel doc

USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and
Advance Parole Card for Adjustment of Status Applicants

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it is now
issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card for certain applicants filing an Application
to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. This new card represents a significant
improvement from the current practice of issuing paper Advance Parole documents.

The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text
that reads, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” A card with this text will serve as both an employment
authorization and Advance Parole document. The new card is also more secure and more durable than the
current paper Advance Parole document.

An applicant may receive this card when he or she files an Application for Employment Authorization,
Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form
I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted.
Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility
Verification, Form I-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment