Friday, March 12, 2010

CIR? Obama speaks

Today I met with Senators Schumer and Graham and was pleased to learn of their progress in forging a
proposal to fix our broken immigration system. I look forward to reviewing their promising framework, and every
American should applaud their efforts to reach across party lines and find commonsense answers to one of our
most vexing problems. I also heard from a diverse group of grassroots leaders from around the country about
the growing coalition that is working to build momentum for this critical issue. I am optimistic that their efforts will
contribute to a favorable climate for moving forward. I told both the Senators and the community leaders that my
commitment to comprehensive immigration reform is unwavering, and that I will continue to be their partner in
this important effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment