Friday, February 26, 2010

I-485 changes again

Revised Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent
Residence or Adjust Status, and Revised Filing Locations
WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it has
posted a revised Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. In addition to a revised form, there are new filing locations. The changes are part of an overall effort to transition the intake of USCIS benefit forms from Service Centers to Lockbox facilities.
Centralizing form and fee intake allows USCIS to provide the public more efficient and effective initial processing of applications and fees.
Beginning February 25, 2010, most applicants must submit Form I-485 to a USCIS Lockbox facility, depending on the eligibility category under which they are filing, as provided in the form instructions. USCIS Service Centers will forward all Form I-485 applications to the appropriateLockbox facility until March 29, 2010. USCIS will accept previous versions of Form I-485 until March 29, 2010. After March 29, 2010, USCIS will only accept the Form I-485 dated “12/03/09.”Any previous versions of the the form that are submitted will be rejected. After the transitional period,t he Service Centers will return any incorrectly filed Form I-485 with instructions to send the application to the correct location.
At this time, applicants should not concurrently file Form I-485 with an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) at a USCIS Lockbox facility. Refer to the Form I-140 filing Instructions for information on how to file forms concurrently.
When filing Form I-485 at a Lockbox facility, you may elect to receive an email and/or text messagenotifying you that USCIS has accepted your application. To receive notification, you must complete an E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (Form G-1145), and attach it to the first page of your application.

No comments:

Post a Comment